Sample Department Meeting Agenda Format
[Department meeting agendas are usually created by employees of the particular department which has decided to organize the meeting with others. Having a department meeting agenda will keep the attendees on the right track and also ensure that the organizers achieve the results desired.]
Points to consider while drafting Department Meeting Agenda Agendas –
- The agenda for the meeting must be created early.
- The objective of the meeting must be defined by providing a short and clear summary of the discussions.
- The most important issues which are likely to be time-consuming should be prioritized.
- The list of participants and their responsibilities must be clarified by the organizers.
- Departmental meeting agendas are between heads of different departments.
Example of Department Meeting Agenda –
Monthly Department Meeting Agenda
[From Name of The Organizers Of the Meeting]
[Date: Date of The Meeting Along with The Time]
1) Call to order.
2) Member and guest roaster sign in an introduction.
3) Presentation on contingency planning by [name of the presenter].
4) A follow-up discussion on an internship program by [name of the presenter].
6) Technology update by the office of information.
7) Minutes of the last meeting.
8) Report by the treasurer.
9) Committee reports been presented by departments of technology, training, and conference.
10) Pending business.
11) Fresh business — nomination of officers for the following year.
12) Scheduled date of the next meeting.
Another Example of Department Meeting Agenda –
City Council Finance Committee Meeting Agenda (Agenda Type)
Department of Budget Hearings
[Date And Location: Date of the Meeting And Address of The Location Where the Meeting Is Being Held]
9 AM To 9:05 AM — Roll Call of Council Members.
9:05 AM to 9:45 AM — Department of economic development and neighborhood revitalization by [name of the presenter].
9:45 AM to 10:45 AM — Department of Public Works by [name of the presenter]
10:45 AM to 11 AM — Department of Public Works by [name of the presenter]
11 AM to 11:30 AM — Department of Public Safety by police Bureau chief [name of the individual]
11:30 AM to 11:45 AM — office of the Mayor presenting the city Council budget
11:45 AM to 12:15 PM — Department of Public Safety by the chief of fire Bureau [name of the individual]
12:15 PM to 12:30 PM — lunch break.
12:30 PM to 2 PM — Department of administrative services presented by Dir. of budget revenues [name of the individual]
2:15 PM — adjournment.
[Note: Various departments can hold department meetings but conducting the meeting without an agenda will be counterproductive and lead to wastage of time which departments of all types cannot afford.]