Based on characteristics, there are two types of personality, i.e. introvert and extrovert. Introverts and extroverts typically have different characteristics, and they are likely to use different techniques to complete work. When a person is reserved and does not open up easily, he or she is said to be an introvert. On the contrary, when a person is social, talkative, and makes friends quickly, then his personality type is extrovert. By nature, introverts are self-contained and reserved, whereas extroverts are friendly, talkative, and gregarious.
An introvert is a person who remains isolated or enjoys the company of a few closed ones. An extrovert is an outgoing and outspoken person who enjoys being around and talking to people.
Introverts and extroverts complement each other, and both types of people are equally likely to be successful in their chosen careers. One of the major qualities of introverts is, they can deeply concentrate on anything, while extroverts are easily distracted as they cannot concentrate on anything for a long time. When they are working toward important goals, introverts and extroverts may do things that do not come naturally to them.
Difference between Introvert and Extrovert
- An introvert is a person who remains isolated or enjoys the company of a few closed ones. A person who remains isolated, or enjoys the company of a few closed ones and keeps himself busy in thinking, is called an introvert.
- When it comes to speaking, introverts listen more than they speak and in fact, they think twice or thrice before speaking.
- If we talk about spending time, introverts get rejuvenated when they spend time with themselves and so they avoid social interaction.
- A personality trait, wherein a person, is interested in his own mental self, is called an introvert. Introverts are reserved by nature, as they are preoccupied with their own thoughts and feelings. So, they need a lot of personal space. Further, these people feel comfortable and more energized when they are alone. So, they prefer solitary activities to social interaction which includes reading, writing, listening to music, and so on. They have their own world of facts, feelings, fantasies, etc.
- Introverts open up to very few people and hence they prefer two or three close friends.
- Many believe that introverts are shy and anti-social, rather they have social fear, and they are active listeners. They do not make friends easily and have few friends, but their friendship is deep-rooted.
- An extrovert is an outgoing and outspoken person who enjoys being around and talking to people. An outgoing and outspoken person who enjoys being around and talking to people is an extrovert.
- When it comes to speaking, extroverts are completely different, they speak their minds out, in fact, they try to find out the reason for something by speaking to them.
- If we talk about spending time, extroverts like to spend time with family, friends, etc., and love getting social.
- Extrovert refers to a type of human behavior in which a person loves to be surrounded by and interact with people. They are socially confident and outspoken. The very identity of an extrovert is that they enjoy human interaction.
- Extroverts are socially active people whose friend list is very long, as they make friends wherever they go.
- Extroverts focus on practical realities rather than inner feelings and opinions, so they get bored in solitude. Hence, they tend to be more social, practical, informal, and enthusiastic. Further, their communication skills are excellent. Individuals who possess this type of personality enjoy social gatherings and like to become the center of attraction. They are the same in public and private.