Objectives and Facilities of BEPZA
The Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority is the official organs of the government to promote attract and facilitate foreign investment in the Export Processing Zones. It is an agency of the Government of Bangladesh and is administered out of the Prime Minister’s Office. Besides, BEPZA as the competent Authority performs inspection & supervision of the compliances of the enterprises related to social & environmental issues, safety & security at the workplace in order to maintain harmonious labor-management & industrial relations in EPZs.
Objectives of BEPZA: Its objective is to manage the various export processing zones in Bangladesh. There are some objectives of BMA. The primary objective is to provide special areas where potential investors would find a congenial investment climate free from cumbersome procedures. These are given below.
- To provide special areas where potential investors would find a congenial investment climate, free from cumbersome procedures
- Promotion of foreign and local investment
- Diversification of export and Accelerate Volume of Export
- Development of backward and forward linkages
- Generation of employment
- Transfer of technology and Skill Development
- Up gradation of skill
- Development of management
- Poverty Alleviation
- Development of Backward and Forward Linkage Industries
- Promote Accessories and Supportive Service Enterprises.
- No UD, JRC, ERC, and renewal of Bond license.
- Work permit issued by BEPZA.
- Secured and protected bonded area,
- Off-shore banking available,
- Import on documentary Acceptance basic allowed,
- Bank of back L/C,
- Import and export on CM basis allowed.
- Import from DTA,
- Customs clearance on factory site.
- Simplified section procedure.
- Sub-contracting with export-oriented Industries inside and outside EPZ allowed.
- Relocation of foreign industries allowed.
- Accords Resident ship and citizenship.
- One window same day service and simplified procedure.