The communication model and process are closely related to each other. The communication process and communication model both are important but not the same. The method which is used to exchange information between two or more persons is called the communication process. On the contrary, When the communication process is represented through any figure or visual method is called a communication model.
The communication process is theoretical in nature and the communication model is the pictorial presentation of the communication process.
Difference between the Communication Process and Communication Model
Here are some differences between the communication process and communication model.
- A communication process is a process or a series of some step-by-step tasks or cyclical interaction of some tasks which started from a communicator and using a system reaches to a receiver and the receiver provides feedback to the sender.
- The method which is used to exchange information between two or more persons is called the communication process.
- The communication process describes a communication system theoretically. So it has a limited effect on the users.
- It is very difficult to identify fault and defect from the communication process because it is narrative in nature.
- Since the communication process is a theoretical matter, it requires descriptive analysis of components.
- The process is descriptive in nature and therefore, it is a complex matter.
- There is hardly any need for an expert to design a communication process.
- The whole process that starts from sending and ends up with receiving any message or information if represented through the verbal, arithmetical, or pictorial way can be defined as a communication model.
- When the communication process is represented by any figure or, a visual method is commonly known as a communication model.
- The communication model being symbolic has more effect on the mind of a user.
- Fault and defect are easily located in the communication model because it is visible.
- Since the communication model is a symbolic representation, one can understand the model by simply looking at it.
- The model is relatively less complex as it is presented in the form of a picture of the diagram.
- Experts are essential to developing a well-thought-out model.
Finally, the communication process is made up of some sequential parts of exchanging information. This process includes sender, encodings, message, channel, receiver, decoding, and feedback. On the other hand, the communication model is the symbolic presentation of the communication process.