Sample Kickoff Agenda Format
[The nature of a kickoff agenda is such that it is better prepared by an experienced individual who has sufficient knowledge of how kickoff events need to be planned. The entire objective of the kickoff agenda should be to ensure that the event will be successful by providing information about the plans which need to be implemented.]
Points to consider while drafting Kick off Agendas –
- The agenda usually talks about the plans which need to be implemented to ensure that the kickoff event will be successful.
- The agenda can be in the form of a meeting agenda detailing things that are expected to be fulfilled by the organizers of a particular kickoff event.
- The agenda considers the stakeholders of the event or even a project.
- The kickoff agenda allocates team members for explicit tasks during the devising and implementation of the kickoff plans.
Example of Kickoff Agenda –
Kickoff Meeting Agenda
[Date: Date of the Project]
Introduce and welcome team members from the project manager.
Discussion of the background of the project by the project sponsor.
- 1. What we have today?
- 2. Why do we need to change?
- 3. What are the key measures of success?
Identification of stakeholders by the project manager
- 1. Who is likely to be impacted?
- 2. Who are the key stakeholders – sponsor and/or other decision-makers representing constituencies that will be impacted and the support of whom will be essential for the success of the project?
Review of project objectives by the project manager and technical leader.
- 1. Objectives.
- 2. Deliverables.
- 3. Assumption.
Review other potential issues, questions, risks, and concerns of the project manager.
what may be a hindrance in the way of success?
How can we address these concerns?
Identify the next steps and the timing by the project manager.
- Team communications.
- The frequency of team meetings.
Another Example of Kickoff Agenda –
[Topic name] Project Kickoff Meeting Agenda
[Day And Date Of the Meeting],
Morning – time to be defined: visit to UPC Electromagnetic and Photonic Engineering group laboratories for partners who have already arrived in the country.
2 PM lunch at the UPC campus. [Jones and Rafael to call us from their cell phones for information about where we are].
3:30 PM — welcome and introduction to the [project name].
Presentation of the partners [10 minutes for every partner].
5 PM — explanation of the requirements of the commission, structure of the management, decision mechanisms, administrative and financial procedures.
Open discussion and questions about the previous points and project organization.
9 PM — dinner.
[Day and date of the meeting]
10 AM — presentation of the project program, objectives and work packages by the coordinator.
Presentation on [name of the presentation] by the foreign dignitaries.
11:30 AM — coordinate a proposal for short-term strategy and participant efforts for the forthcoming six months.
Open discussion and final decision on the actions for the period oncoming.
2 PM — lunch
[Note: The kickoff agenda normally organize proper use of time, workforce and any other elements which are essential for the success of a kickoff event.]