The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh (ICMAB) is a leading professional body in Bangladesh that offers a professional qualification in Cost and Management Accountancy, with a focus on accounting for business. ICMAB program has been designed to meet the evolving needs of business today and tomorrow.
ICMAB is committed to maintaining the highest standards while serving students, members, and our business partners. As a professional Institute, they are committed to continuous improvement and also to cope up with the changing environment.
The major objectives of the Institute are to:
- Regulate and develop the Cost and Management Accounting (CMA) profession in Bangladesh
- Provide and confer the highest professional degree in Cost and Management Accounting
- Impart education and training to the members, corporate managers and intending students of CMA for enhancing their capability in the fields of Cost and Management Accounting
- Develop knowledge, skills, and competence of the CMAs needed to support the economic development of the country and, thus, to prepare capable manpower needed for various national and international development activities according to the requirements of the millennium
- Help development, adoption and implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in Bangladesh
- Formulate, adopt and implement Cost Accounting and Auditing Standards (CAAS) in Bangladesh and international arena.
- Implement statutory Cost Audit as provided in the Companies Act, 1994
- Conduct research in the field of Cost and Management Accounting to promote and develop the profession to meet the requirement of the time.
ICMAB upholds high ethical and professional standards to maintain public confidence in the field of Cost and Management Accountancy. Today, more and more new, unique, and innovative businesses are operating in the globalized market. This is facilitated by the advancement in information and communication technology. Cost and Management Accounting program will adequately prepare professional accountants for the new world of business. ICMAB, an autonomous professional body under the Ministry of Commerce, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh is the only Institute in the country dedicated to Cost and Management Accounting education and research.